Demonstration from download FermiSurfer to displaying Fermi surfaces
Download/Install/Launch FermiSurfer [00:00～1:40]
- Search on Web with a word “fermisurfer”.
- Enter “FermiSurfer Web page” (http://fermisurfer.osdn.jp/).
- Go to “Latest File release” which is the latest download page.
- Download “fermisurfer.exe” (Binary file for Windows) and save it.
- Enter “Partial DOS and Orbital character on Fermi surface” (http://fermisurfer.osdn.jp/table.html).
- Click images to download “.frmsf” file and open it. In this movie, the d-orbital character of Nb is used.
- Select previously downloaded “fermisurfer.exe” to open this file.
- The program is launched and Fermi surfaces are plotted.
Plot the Fermi surface of Nb with FermiSurfer (Basic) [01:40～02:50]
- Mouse drag, scroll, and double click enable as to rotate, zoom, and move objects, respectively.
- Change the background color.
- Toggle the appearance of the Fermi surface at each band.
- Modify to the primitive-zone style. This modification requires us to push “Update” button.
- Toggle color bar.
Advanced usage of FermiSurfer [02:50～end]
- Change the displayed quantity to the Fermi surface. Then plot with grayscale.
- Display the extremal orbit (equator). Change the Miller index to (011).
- Increase interpolation ratio to make Fermi surfaces smoother.
- Change the lighting only for the unoccupied/occupied side.
- Display the section of the Brillouin zone. Change the Miller index to (011). The section can avoid the Γ point.
- Shift the Fermi energy.
- Use the stereogram (parallel eye, closes eye).
- The scale and the rotation angle can be specified numerically.
- Nodal line can be displayed.
- BXSF-formatted file can be opened directly by FermiSurfer.
- Plot the three t2g-orbital character by using the two dimensional plot.
- Display the Fermi velocity as a three dimensional vector field on Fermi surfaces.
- These input files are simple plane text file.